Marble personifies magnificence. And the fascination for this wonderful stone might be seen by way of the centuries, be it within the intricate carvings of the magnificent Taj Mahal or the sculpted muscle groups of David, Michael Angelo’s iconic sculpture.
White marble flooring has at all times been a standing image in Indian houses. However not too long ago, Curiosity in marble as a kitchen countertop has revived and it is among the hottest design traits of 2022.
However earlier than you rush out to examine marble samples, let’s discover out whether or not a marble countertop is a perfect alternative to your kitchen. Learn on to seek out out…
What are the Benefits of Marble Kitchen Counter tops?
Marble is Warmth Resistant
Marble counter tops can climate the warmth from scorching pots and pans with out damaging the floor. Nevertheless, it’s at all times advisable to make use of mats or pot stands for extremely popular utensils, whether or not you’re utilizing granite, marble, or quartz.
Marble has a Lengthy Life
With the fitting care, marble counter tops final for a really very long time. For a small household with restricted visitors within the kitchen, marble counter tops are a fantastic alternative. Nevertheless, if you’re a big household or entertain so much, you want to give marble a rethink.
Marble Veins and Colors are Spectacular of their Magnificence
For a stunning design aspect in your kitchen, marble ticks all of the packing containers. The fantastic thing about the colors and grains is unsurpassable, and this makes it ultimate for a complicated, and stylish kitchen design.
Because it’s a pure materials, you may get slabs of marble which might be distinctive of their color and sweetness.
Among the shades that you could look out for? Black, inexperienced, white, rose, and yellow.
What are the Disadvantages?
It Stains Simply
By nature, marble is a porous stone. And this makes it susceptible to substances reminiscent of oil, Haldi, or wine. As soon as the substance is absorbed into the stone, you might find yourself with ugly stains in your marble countertop.
On the plus aspect, you may apply sealants in your marble counter at common intervals to guard the pristine great thing about your stone.
It’s not Scratch-Proof
Your marble countertop is susceptible to scratching, so slicing that lemon straight on the floor is a foul thought. And as lemon is acidic it could actually corrode the sealant rising the probabilities of scratches.
One other draw back you might wish to think about is chipping. Being a delicate stone, the perimeters are liable to chipping and the influence of heavy pans may end up in chipped edges.
So, How do you Preserve your Marble Countertop?
Your marble countertop could also be breathtakingly lovely, nevertheless it requires its justifiable share of care:
- Acid and marble are by no means a very good mixture. As soon as the acidic substance will get etched into your countertop, it’ll look uninteresting and lifeless.
- Keep away from abrasive scrub brushes and robust detergents on the marble floor.
- Use mild cleaning soap and a sponge to scrub your countertop. Wipe off spills as quickly as you may to keep away from staining and injury.
How a lot does Marble Value?
Relying on the kind of marble you select, marble might be cost-effective. The value begins as little as Rs. 50 per sq. foot and might go as much as Rs. 700 or extra per sq. foot. For distinctive and vibrant grains and patterns, you’ll have to pay extra.
To examine the standard of marble hold these factors in thoughts:
- Pure white marble doesn’t have impurity.
- Integration with minerals offers marble distinct grains in yellow, pink, inexperienced, or cream.
- If grains are vibrant in color, it means the stone is both granite or man-made.
- Marble is malleable and certain to scratch. If the stone you’re looking at has scratches, it’s the actual deal. You may check the slab by operating a knife on the sting to check the stone.
What are In style Forms of Marble?
There are quite a few kinds of marble out there, however the preferred are:
The Indian Inexperienced Marble: The fantastic thing about this marble has made it standard throughout the globe.
The Makrana Marble: Pristine and impeccable.
Onyx Marble: Intriguing hues and grains.
The Ambaji Marble: Has wonderful high quality and a fantastic look.
Carrara and Calacatta Marble: Each are Italian marbles and look comparable. Carrara has deep gray delicate veins and Calcutta has extra veins.
1. Are marble counter tops susceptible to break?
Marble scratches simply as it’s a softer stone when in comparison with granite. The buckle in your belt can scratch the perimeters over time.
2. Which is a greater choice, granite or marble for kitchen counter tops?
Marble has an enormous fan following due to the sheer great thing about the stone. Marble is softer and liable to scratching and chipping. So, if the sturdiness you’re on the lookout for, granite is a greater wager.
3. Is it simpler to take care of darker shades of marble kitchen counter tops?
The glossy look of white counter tops is luxurious personified. Having mentioned that, darker shades is not going to present staining as simply. And so they do give that magnificent glossy look.
Trending Designs and Color Mixtures
- White marble counter tops are decadently wealthy and shout luxurious. You may go for all-white kitchen decor for that stylish look. And pair a wooden floors possibly?
- Black marble is a method assertion. You may pair it with white furnishings for a surprising method. Or you may go for olive inexperienced cupboards so as to add a splash of color.
- Inexperienced marble can amp your kitchen decor with its wealthy grains and color. A play of jade inexperienced and cream on the cupboards and partitions will make an influence.
- White marble counter tops with black matte end cupboards; an out-of-this-world attractive look.
Aesthetics matter. And all of it depends upon how a lot work you’re able to put in to keep up your kitchen decor. And if a slab of gorgeous marble appeals to you, hey. Simply go for it! HomeLane shall be more than pleased to information you to make the fitting alternative.