Improve your eating expertise with this tasty tonic kombucha. Learn to pair it with different drinks and meals and see how you should utilize it in cooking to create pleasant dishes.
Fizzy, tangy and refreshing. Kombucha is a tasty tonic that isn’t solely a delight for the style buds however for our digestive well being too.
Kombucha is historically consumed as a probiotic-rich beverage earlier than meals. Regardless of its distinctive taste, it pairs surprisingly properly with all kinds of meals and dishes. Though kombucha is completely scrumptious by itself, it could actually improve or complement your eating expertise.
What meals goes with kombucha? Are you able to pair candy or savory dishes with kombucha? Which alcohol can I add to kombucha?
From salad and vodka to a cheddar cheese sandwich, right here’s what you’ll be able to get pleasure from together with your subsequent bottle of ‘booch.
How To Pair Kombucha With Meals
Kombucha has a pungent, candy and tangy style with a vinegary aroma. The fermentation course of makes this beverage refreshingly fizzy and effervescent. It may be in comparison with glowing cider or Champagne.
There are two methods to pair kombucha together with your subsequent meal:
1. Mix Comparable Flavors
The primary choice could be to match comparable taste profiles. Pair ‘like with like’.
- In case your dish is savory or zesty, pair it with a lemon, ginger or lime flavored kombucha.
- Kombucha with tropical notes will complement a fruit parfait, candy and sticky ribs or honeyed rooster.
- Pickled meals and dishes with vinegar or spice are enhanced by a kombucha with tart, bitter Pair ginger or citrus-flavored kombucha with kimchi, curry or a salad.
2. Steadiness Contrasting Flavors
You possibly can additionally experiment by combining contrasting flavors. Opposites entice!
- Kombucha with tropical notes reminiscent of pineapple, mango or coconut will usually be fairly candy. This may offset the style of a spicy dish.
- The spicy notes in a ginger kombucha will intensify the flavour of a candy dessert reminiscent of apple crisp or dishes with candy glazes and sauces like barbeque or glazed ham.
- A candy berry kombucha will offset the sharp and salty taste of cheese, pizza or sausage.
What Does Not Pair Effectively With Kombucha?
Extremely acidic or bitter meals and drinks don’t pair properly with kombucha. The extraordinary acidity and bitterness could overpower the tangy and fruity taste of kombucha. Espresso, broccoli, radicchio, and kale are just a few gadgets to maintain off your menu when consuming kombucha.
Kombucha Meals Pairings
Lemon Or Citrus Kombucha
The tart and zesty notes of a citrus-based kombucha give meals a contemporary, clear style. Citrus pairs properly with salty snacks, herb-infused Mediterranean meals and easy, minimal dishes.
- Breakfast: Eggs and avocado on toast
- Seafood: Lemon butter mussels or shrimp, grilled salmon
- Greens: Pan-fried asparagus and mushrooms with lemon and garlic
- Mediterranean delicacies: pea risotto, seafood paella, or a meze platter
- Snacks: salty nibbles reminiscent of nuts, olives, pretzels, and potato chips
Berry, Pomegranate Or Grape Kombucha
Fruity and floral, the sort of kombucha must be handled as an excellent purple wine when paired with meals! These candy and barely tart fruits complement daring flavors.
- Breakfast: Contemporary fruit, yogurt, and granola
- Cheese: Sharp cheeses reminiscent of cheddar, pecorino, or blue cheese
- Meat: Steak, lamb chops, chorizo, burgers or meatballs
- Dessert: Fruit salad, darkish chocolate, pavlova, or brownies
That is the preferred kombucha taste worldwide! The heat, spicy notes of ginger give kombucha a tangy ‘kick’. Ginger pairs surprisingly properly with a broad vary of dishes. It elevates the flavour of meals.
- Breakfast: Candy potato hash, apple oatmeal, crispy maple bacon
- Asian delicacies: Yellow rooster or chickpea curry, stir-fry, rooster soup, pad thai
- Seafood: Sushi, Garlic and chili shrimp, Honey-glazed salmon
- Greens: Combined stir-fry, steamed inexperienced beans, mashed candy potato, roasted carrots
- Entrées: Crispy tofu, pepper steak, coconut rice or quinoa, pulled pork
- Dessert: Candy potato or pumpkin pie, fruit parfait, rum and raisin ice cream, fruit crumble
Candy, aromatic, and zesty. Tropical kombucha tastes like a Caribbean trip! Luscious tropical fruits create a mouth-watering punch and complement many flavors and dishes.
- Breakfast: Fruit, muesli and yogurt, Eggs Benedict
- Mexican delicacies: burritos, tacos, salsa, pulled pork, jalapeno poppers
- Consolation meals: Pizza, hamburgers, grilled kebabs, barbeque, toasted rooster mayo
- Entrées: Glazed ham, roasted poultry, Indian curry, meat, and vegetable stew
- Dessert: Banana bread, sorbet, fruit crumble, coconut cake, rice pudding
Kombucha Drink Pairings
The complicated taste profile and refreshing fizz make kombucha a convincing various to alcohol. This tangy and satisfying drink additionally works properly as a mixer in cocktails.
Check out these enjoyable and scrumptious cocktail combos:
All recipes yield 1 serving
Low-Calorie Moscow Mule
- 2 oz (60ml) vodka
- 6 oz (177ml) ginger kombucha
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Historically served in a copper mug. Garnish with further wedges of lime or lemon.
Not Your Typical Negroni
- 1 oz (30ml) gin
- 1 oz (30ml) Campari
- 5 oz (150ml) lemon or citrus kombucha
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Orange wedges
Serve shaken or stirred with plenty of orange wedges. Get pleasure from as an aperitif.
- 4 oz (118ml) purple wine (Shiraz or Pinot Grigio)
- 5 oz (150ml) berry/cherry kombucha
- ¼ apple, diced into small cubes
- ¼ cup frozen berries
- Juice of ½ a lemon
Add wine, kombucha, and lemon to a big glass and stir. When able to serve, add apple and frozen berries.
- 1 shot of Silver tequila
- 4 oz (118ml) tropical kombucha
- 1 tsp agave syrup or uncooked honey
- Juice of ½ a lime or lemon
- Garnish: Sea salt and chili flakes
Add elements to a shaker and blend properly. Rub the rim of a glass with a lemon wedge and roll within the salt and chili flakes.
How To Use Kombucha In Cooking
You should utilize kombucha to create an assortment of distinctive and pleasant dishes.
1. As a Alternative for Vinegar
The tart taste and kick of acidity make kombucha a beautiful substitute for vinegar. Add your favourite kombucha to salad dressing, pasta sauce, BBQ sauce, or marinade.
Creamy Kombucha Sauce
- 2 Tbsp berry or citrus kombucha
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp uncooked honey or maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4-5 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to style
Combine the entire elements collectively and pour over salad, beans or cooked greens.
2. Home made Frozen Treats
Create refreshing and wholesome popsicles, ice cream, or sorbet utilizing a wide range of flavored kombucha.
- Infuse kombucha with mint or basil, add just a few teaspoons of honey, and freeze.
- Combine kombucha with coconut cream and berries. Freeze into lollies.
- Mix kombucha with contemporary lemon juice, sugar syrup, and mint. Freeze and revel in as sorbet.
Tropical Kombucha Popsicles
- 1 x 330ml (11 oz) bottle of tropical or ginger kombucha
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 100g (4 oz) chopped pineapple or mango
- Pour kombucha right into a pitcher and set it apart to take away as a lot fizz as attainable.
- Blitz fruit and lemon juice right into a puree.
- Add puree to kombucha and stir properly to mix.
- Pour combination into popsicle molds and freeze.
3. Broths And Soups
Add a splash of kombucha to your subsequent pot of broth or soup for a trace of acidity and umami taste.
Mix kombucha with frozen fruit, milk of alternative, yogurt, and some ice cubes. Get pleasure from as a probiotic-rich smoothie.
Blueberry Kombucha Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ ripe banana, contemporary or frozen
- ½ cup berry or cherry kombucha
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla or chai protein powder
Mix the entire elements till easy. Serve instantly.
5. Baked Treats
The carbonation and acidity of kombucha work properly in baked items reminiscent of Irish soda bread, muffins, and sourdough bread/pizza.
Take a look at Kombucha Kamp’s superb recipe for Kombucha Sourdough Bread & Pancakes!