When doing up our houses, most of us pay numerous consideration to the partitions—we take ages to determine the colors of paint, select window drapes with care, and agonize over which image will look greatest on every wall. Very often, although, we fully overlook the fifth wall—the ceiling!
A false ceiling can add a singular dimension to your room, and presents up loads of alternatives to mess around with lighting. By giving your ceiling a makeover, you’ll have the ability to immediately add dramatic aptitude to your décor, infusing it with heat and character.
PVC ceilings are a preferred alternative in houses in the present day. We provide the lowdown on this materials: what’s PVC, how is the ceiling put in, what are the professionals and cons, and how one can maintain it trying good. Learn on to know extra!
What’s a PVC Ceiling Made Of?
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride has the chemical system (C2H3Cl)n and is a plastic composite materials that’s light-weight and really versatile. PVC planks or panels for ceilings and partitions can be found in many alternative patterns, colors and textures. These panels have an ideal end since they’re factory-manufactured. PVC panels are used to clad each partitions and ceilings, and are simply fitted utilizing an interlocking design onto a grid of aluminium channels that’s suspended from the ceiling.
PVC Ceiling Availability and Pricing
Out there in commonplace widths starting from 100 mm to 300 mm and thicknesses of 6 mm to 12 mm, PVC panels will be lower to swimsuit the size of your room. The worth for coated PVC panels begins from Rs 35 upwards for a sq. foot whereas galvanised panels might price Rs 60 per sq. foot and extra.
How is a PVC False Ceiling Put in?
PVC ceiling panels are very simple to put in as they’re fastened on an interlocking slotted channel system that’s suspended from the ceiling. They may also be eliminated and reused in a distinct location very simply.
PVC False Ceiling: Benefits and Disadvantages
PVC has a singular mix of properties that makes it very helpful within the building and inside industries. By being conscious of and accounting for its shortcomings, you may maximise its advantages and use it appropriately.
On the plus facet…
- These ceilings are sturdy and really sturdy. As ceilings are usually not subjected to put on and tear (as is the case with flooring), these panels will final an amazing a few years, trying pretty much as good as new!
- PVC ceilings are fully waterproof and proof against termites, mildew and mildew.
- As these panels are very light-weight as a consequence of being hole, they are often lifted and transported very simply.
- PVC just isn’t brittle, and is therefore very simple to deal with with out hazard of breakages. It additionally doesn’t get broken throughout transport.
- The price of PVC ceilings is decrease than other forms of ceilings.
- As a result of interlocking system, particular experience just isn’t wanted to put in this ceiling.
- In contrast to POP ceilings, this ceiling system just isn’t messy and there’s no mud generated whereas setting it up.
- PVC panels can be found in a variety of finishes and colors together with wooden, leather-based and marble look-alike choices.
- The identical panels will be cladded on the wall as nicely, lending a cohesive look to your inside.
- PVC planks will be put in at any angle to swimsuit the ceiling design.
- PVC ceilings can be utilized on decks or balconies as they don’t get broken on publicity to water.
- PVC is a wonderful insulator and therefore retains the room temperatures cool in summer time and heat in winter.
- We are able to use a mix of POP and PVC on the ceiling, and this opens up loads of design potentialities. As an example, a suspended wooden end PVC ceiling will be put in on a white POP ceiling, with the identical cladding persevering with down the wall.
Nonetheless, on the minus facet…
- Not everybody likes the ‘plastic’ shine of PVC ceiling panels, which could lend an industrial really feel to the area.
- Moreover, the joints between the ceiling panels are seen within the type of grooves, which might accumulate mud in the long term.
- PVC is plastic-based, and isn’t an eco-friendly materials as over time it would ‘leach’ chlorine gasoline into the air. When burnt it releases noxious fumes. Many environmental activists are strongly against PVC due to the poisonous pollution that it releases.
- When subjected to constant warmth, the PVC materials can bend or change dimensions. Warmth-emitting lights can’t, subsequently, be used on the ceiling, and solely cool, energy-efficient LED lights which might be low-voltage are appropriate to be used.
Eco-friendly PVC false ceiling choices are actually being manufactured, however will not be as but available available in the market. These will be fully recycled and don’t contribute to poisonous landfills.
Upkeep of PVC Ceiling
PVC false ceilings are just about maintenance-free. In contrast to POP ceilings, they don’t require any extra floor therapy or portray.
If in any respect required, the ceiling will be dusted utilizing a long-handled duster, and might then be cleaned utilizing a 1:4 combination of vinegar in heat water and a gentle fabric.
Are you searching for extra false ceiling choices? Do join with the HomeLane design workforce and discover out what would swimsuit each your own home décor wants and your pocket!