I needed to make myself sit down and finalize some choices in regards to the vainness wall design this weekend. My design concepts for this wall have gone by fairly a change because the very starting of this toilet challenge.
Initially, I had deliberate on full vanities with a false entrance on Matt’s that could possibly be opened for him to wheel as much as in his wheelchair. After which I had deliberate a window seat in between the vanities. That will have appeared one thing like this…
However alongside the way in which, I made a decision that (1) I wanted to make issues simpler for Matt with an open design, and (2) I didn’t just like the awkward area between the window and the window seat. What would go there? The identical tile that I exploit on backsplash? Only a plain white wall? Trim to match the wainscoting? It was simply an ungainly area.
However actually, the principle difficulty was that I wanted to make issues simpler for Matt…and admittedly, for me too, since he wants my assist with just about the whole lot.
That’s once I determined to go along with open tables for the vainness design, after which as an alternative of the window seat, I’d construct a dresser for our storage. I ordered the legs for the vanities, after which began gathering all types of concepts for the dresser design, and that’s just about the place issues stopped.
So this weekend, I made myself sit down and make some choices.
- Do I need the vanities the identical peak because the dresser, with one lengthy, steady countertop all the way in which throughout?
- Do I need drawers within the table-style vanities, or will the dresser be sufficient storage?
- Do I wish to add gold accents on the drawers of the dresser, or simply go away it stable walnut?
- If the dresser is taller than the vainness tables, so I need a walnut prime, or a prime to match the vanities?
- What number of drawers do I need on the dresser? And can they be extensive drawers the width of the dresser? Or will or not it’s reduce in half in order that Matt can have his facet, and I can have mine?
- What particulars do I need on the dresser, if any? Will it have trim, or will or not it’s plain?
- What in regards to the backside of the dresser? Will it have ft? Or will it sit flat on the ground?
These are choices I’ve been laying aside for a very long time now as a result of making a dedication on these particulars makes me nervous. However I lastly did it. And until I alter my thoughts, right here’s what it can appear like.
First, this vainness from Kara Nicole Clark on Instagram grew to become my most important inspiration. I had collected all types of inspiration photos, however I stored going again to this one.
And right here’s what our new vainness wall design will appear like…
The true legs aren’t as cumbersome as they ones in my drawing. 😀
So listed below are my choices on these questions:
- I don’t need an extended, steady countertop. I need the dresser to be larger than the vanities.
- I do need drawers within the table-style vanities. There received’t be a center drawer, for apparent causes. However I do need a small drawer on both facet for small issues — toothbrush, toothpaste, contact lens case, saline answer.
- I don’t need gold accents. I really like the look of the vainness within the image above.
- As of proper now, I believe I need the highest of the vainness to have a walnut prime in order that it really appears to be like like a bit of furnishings. That’s one thing I can all the time swap out later if I alter my thoughts.
- I made a decision that I need the dresser to have my facet and Matt’s facet. No less than for now, that’s what I need. It could find yourself with extensive drawers, however drawers which might be 45 inches extensive simply appears an excessive amount of.
- I do need the drawers to be trimmed out similar to those on the vainness within the image. It’s easy, however so very fairly.
- I don’t wish to have to scrub underneath the dresser, so I need it to sit down flat on the ground with fairly trim across the backside.
The selections are made, and I be ok with it. Now I simply have to order some trim, and I’ll be prepared to start out constructing quickly!
Addicted 2 Adorning is the place I share my DIY and adorning journey as I transform and adorn the 1948 fixer higher that my husband, Matt, and I purchased in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do bodily work, so I do the vast majority of the work on the home on my own. You possibly can be taught extra about me right here.
I hope you’ll be a part of me on my DIY and adorning journey! If you wish to observe my tasks and progress, you possibly can subscribe beneath and have every new publish delivered to your electronic mail inbox. That method you’ll by no means miss a factor!