Whether or not you’re designing the interiors of a brand new home or remodelling an current kitchen, you’ll hear this phrase quite a bit – ‘modular kitchen’. Earlier than we get into the variations between the usage of PVC and wooden in a modular kitchen, let’s simply perceive what constitutes a modular kitchen.
The time period modular is derived from ‘modules’. Primarily, particular person parts of the kitchen like drawers, cabinets, cupboards and so forth, or the ‘modules’, are designed and manufactured individually in a manufacturing unit after which assembled and put in into your kitchen.
Versus a conventionally constructed kitchen the place a carpenter builds the whole kitchen interiors, these modules could be disassembled and moved, so you haven’t any downside when shifting or remodelling your home. There are different benefits as effectively – as a result of these parts are designed and constructed individually, there’s quite a lot of scope for creating modern and trendy designs, utilizing several types of supplies like PVC and wooden, creating designs that maximise space for storing whereas taking much less kitchen house, and so forth.
With that coated, let’s get to the crux of the subject – PVC vs wooden. When designing a modular kitchen, you’ve gotten a few selections between supplies, and the 2 hottest are PVC and wooden. However what are the variations, and which one’s higher? Let’s discover out.
PVC vs Wooden for Modular Kitchens
Utilizing PVC for Your Modular Kitchens
PVC, or Poly-Vinyl Chloride, is a plastic composite. Once you hear PVC, you may consider pipes, however PVC is utilized in quite a lot of merchandise immediately as a result of it’s reasonably priced, sturdy, and simply obtainable. PVC is used for kitchen cupboards, cabinets, drawers and different objects.
There are two kinds of PVC boards which might be used – PVC hole boards which might be hole on the within and PVC foam boards which have a foam filling. Whereas the exterior search for each is kind of the identical, foam boards are sturdier and have excessive thermal resistance.
Benefits of Utilizing PVC for Modular Kitchens
- PVC is extra reasonably priced and prices lower than wooden.
- PVC is gentle and could be simply assembled or moved round.
- Upkeep of PVC cupboards, drawers, cabinets, and so forth., is straightforward and prices much less, and PVC can also be simple to wash.
- You don’t have to fret about pests like termites with PVC fittings.
- Changing broken kitchen interiors is simpler as a result of the fabric is available, and the part could be manufactured sooner.
- PVC is extra sturdy than most supplies and may stand up to sure levels of warmth or floor injury.
Disadvantages of Utilizing PVC for Modular Kitchens
- The parts wanted to assemble PVC merchandise, just like the screws and hinges, are likely to loosen up over time and trigger the cupboard drawers or doorways to sag.
- PVC merchandise can stand up to warmth however typically have low hearth resistance.
- PVC surfaces are vulnerable to scratches that always are usually clearly seen over the polished floor.
Utilizing Wooden on your Modular Kitchens
Wooden is a good various to PVC, and the 2 are essentially the most used supplies for kitchen interiors. Wooden is commonly chosen for its look, texture, and sturdiness. Wooden offers the kitchen a contemporary but refined look; it oozes magnificence and brings nature into the house.
There are several types of wooden you possibly can select from, like excessive density and medium-density fiberboard, plywood, Teak rubberwood, beech, pastel wooden, and so forth.
Benefits of Utilizing Wooden for Modular Kitchens
- The primary benefit is certainly the look. Wooden is fashionable and chic and provides regality to the kitchen. Wooden additionally has pure designs like grains and patterns that carry a novel twist to the interiors.
- Wooden is versatile and could be simply modified to swimsuit the designs you want.
- You will have extra choices with supplies relating to wooden, and every has a definite color, look, and really feel. You’ll be able to select pure wooden like Teak, Mahogany, Pine, and so forth, or synthetics like plywood and fibreboard.
- Wooden is powerful and sturdy and proof against bodily injury. It’s also simple to wash.
- Wooden modules like cupboards could be resold, as they keep their worth barring critical injury.
Disadvantages of Utilizing Wooden for Modular Kitchens
- The primary drawback of wooden is upkeep. Whereas it’s simple to wash, it is rather troublesome to take care of. Pure wooden can decay in humid areas or when uncovered to extreme moisture. Sustaining the floor look additionally wants particular liquids or oils.
- Wooden is vulnerable to pests like termites and as soon as infested it’s troublesome to do away with.
- The price of manufacturing wooden interiors and putting in them is comparatively larger. Set up may also be complicated, relying on the design.
So Which One Do You Select?
Nicely, it depends upon a few components:
- The design on your kitchen: Each PVC and wooden are nice. Wooden has a chic look to it and PVC could be fashionable and fashionable.
- Your funds: PVC could be cheaper to fabricate and set up so it should value you much less.
- The trouble you might be keen to place in to take care of the interiors in your kitchen: Wooden wants extra upkeep than PVC.
- Sturdiness: Wooden merchandise are typically extra sturdy and sturdy when it comes to materials injury.
Lastly, it depends upon the remainder of the decor in your home. The kitchen interiors must mix in and complement your home decor, not stick out like a sore thumb. Discuss to your inside designers to grasp what materials will swimsuit the fashion of your own home. Should you need assistance, attain out to us, our crew of knowledgeable designers will information you in selecting the best materials on your modular kitchen.