Surefire Methods to Guarantee Your DIY Challenge Goes Easily
Utilizing an IKEA FIXA drill template to put in drawer handles is a superb time-saver. It makes placing collectively IKEA drawers in your kitchen a a lot simpler course of.
Making drill templates is one thing that lots of people have a tough time doing. It’s not that it’s exhausting to do, it’s that all of us hate to waste time.
Nonetheless, should you can come up with a drill template that’s meant for handles to your IKEA kitchen, putting in the handles will get a lot simpler.
IKEA produces furnishings gadgets for his or her clients to assemble themselves.
Regardless of the necessity for self-assembly, IKEA clients don’t normally have to drill any holes in any of its furnishings items as a result of they arrive pre-drilled from the manufacturing facility… apart from the handles.
If you wish to keep away from contributing to any obvious kitchen design errors, we suggest utilizing the FIXA drill template ($1.99) that can assist you align the drill holes on doorways.
Get A Skilled IKEA Design For Your Residence – All On-line
Our IKEA Design Packages are the whole lot it is advisable to full your new kitchen, dwelling workplace, or some other room with confidence.
Step by Step: Learn how to Use the FIXA Drill Template:
1. Select the Proper Knob or Deal with Type
Select the model of knob or deal with that you just need to use. Maintain it towards your drawer or door entrance to make sure that it’s the applicable measurement and magnificence to your drawers.
2. Resolve on Excellent Placement
Place the drawer within the cupboard after which place the drawer deal with on the drawer face. Take away the drawer deal with if you end up proud of the location.
3. Mark the Spots on the FIXA Drill Template
Place the FIXA drill template by IKEA, over the drawer or door face. The drill template has just a few holes by which you’ll mark the spot the place you need to drill for handles or knobs.
Maintain the drawer deal with or knob towards the template to find out its placement on the template and mark the spot with a pencil. This helps you drill holes in multiple drawer with out having to take a number of totally different measurements.
4. Drill the First Drawer
Drill by the drawer face on the marked spot.
5. Use the FIXA Template to Proceed Marking and Drilling
Maintain the FIXA drill template towards one other drawer and mark the spot once more along with your pencil. Then, drill on the marked spot. Repeat for each drawer you’ve got.
Suggestions and Reminders Earlier than You Drill & Set up IKEA Handles:
- Some IKEA handles, like LANSA, LINDSAL or VINNA could not work with the FIXA drill template. This additionally applies for longer handles which are from a special model.
- Measure twice, drill as soon as!
- The IKEA handles/pulls record the beneficial drill measurement bit (normally 3/16″), and sure, you’ll want a standard twist bit.
- Buy an extra door entrance for testing earlier than you decide to the deal with set up course of should you’re doing it your self.
- Clamp scrap beneath holes to forestall breakout of door materials. You should utilize a chunk of wooden behind the door to drill into to forestall splintering.
- NEVER use only a screw to run by the door as a result of you’ll undoubtedly crack and splinter the within of the door.
Different Set up and IKEA Kitchen Design Suggestions You Would possibly Like:
Get a Skilled IKEA Design For Your Residence – All On-line
Work with our licensed designers to get a personalised IKEA design to your kitchen or some other room in your house. In case you’re enthusiastic about studying extra about our service, make certain to take a look at our IKEA Design Providers.