An In-Depth Have a look at How Blind Nook Wall Cabinetry Can Enhance Your Kitchen Design
One in every of a kitchen designer’s first challenges is determining easy methods to cope with corners and design practical nook cupboards.
Subsequent to kitchen drawers, wall storage is likely one of the most necessary facets of any kitchen, and realizing easy methods to maximize house, particularly within the corners, is hard.
So for those who aren’t fairly positive what to do with nook cupboards, don’t really feel dangerous.
You aren’t alone!
In case you don’t go away sufficient room on your cupboards close to the corners, you gained’t have the ability to open the doorways very far and also you’re going to really feel sad together with your kitchen.
There are 4 completely different nook cupboard options, however the IKEA kitchen catalog solely has one, the angled nook cupboard. That is unlucky, as a result of:
- Angled nook cupboards solely work in case you have 26 inches of house on both facet of the nook
- They don’t work nicely with trendy kitchen designs
- Many purchasers favor the look of the wall cupboards to match the bottom cupboards
In case your kitchen is small and/otherwise you’re going with a contemporary IKEA design, then you definitely’ll desire a blind nook cupboard. This hack will educate you easy methods to make one from an odd SEKTION wall cupboard.
We’ll Design Your Ultimate IKEA Kitchen Simply, Affordably, and On-line
Our IKEA Kitchen Design Bundle is all the pieces you want to full your new kitchen with confidence.
What Is a Blind Nook Wall Cupboard?
Typically, when two base or wall cupboards meet in a nook, one is partially hidden by the opposite. This partially hidden cupboard is named a “blind” cupboard.
Right here’s a closeup of the cupboard, simply by itself.
And right here’s the way it appears to be like in actual life. You’ll be able to tuck cumbersome, less-used objects into the again a part of the cupboard.
Blind nook wall cupboards are good for kitchens with an irregular measurement of 17” alongside one wall with, say, 25” to 30” alongside the opposite.
3 Steps to Make this IKEA Hack
- Modify an odd 30″ or 36″ SEKTION wall cupboard through the use of just one door and protecting the hidden house with paneling. A minimal 30″ broad cupboard is required to match the depth of the remainder of the wall cupboards (14″ 7/8).
- Set up just one shelf for this wall cupboard. You need to use an odd 12”-deep shelf meant for a 36”-wide IKEA wall cupboard.
- Throughout the set up, recess the cupboard into the nook alongside the perpendicular wall cupboard that’s perpendicular to it.
For our instance, we’ve got used a 36″-wide wall cupboard body.